Etter en lang periode med hemmelighetskremmeri og småhint har Leatherneck Simulations (skaperne av DCS: MiG-21Bis) i kveld endelig annonsert deres neste prosjekt, DCS: AJS37 Viggen!
Leatherneck lover mer informasjon i løpet av uka – men her er pressemeldingen deres:
Swinoujscie, Poland November 28th 2016 – AJS-37 Viggen coming to DCS World!
Leatherneck Simulations, in association with The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics, are immensely proud to announce the development of the AJS-37 for DCS World!
The AJS-37 Viggen is a Swedish double-delta supersonic attack aircraft from the late Cold War. It was the backbone of the Swedish Air Force during the Cold war, serving as the main attack and anti-ship platform.
The AJS is the 90’s upgrade of this 70’s era aircraft, adding several advanced weapons and systems functionalities.
The aircraft was designed around the pilot, with an excellent man-machine interface, supporting the pilot through the smart use of autopilot systems and HUD symbology in order to deliver the ordnance onto targets from treetop level with high speed attack runs.
Key Features of the DCS: AJS-37 Viggen include:
- Highly detailed and accurate 6-DOF (Degrees of Freedom) cockpit.
- Extensive and highly detailed aircraft modelling systems such as:
- CK37 aircraft computer with navigation data, time on target, and fuel calculation systems.
- Data input / output interface and pre-planned data cartridge functionality.
- Automatic dead reckoning navigation and terrain contour matching position update system.
- Flight instrument systems.
- Electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Advanced RM-8A jet engine modelling with thrust reverser, compressor surges and stalls.
- Sophisticated high-resolution air-to-ground radar technology modelling the PS-37/A radar including:
Multiple radar amplifications and filter settings.
Obstacle detection mode.
Highly accurate advanced flight model based on real performance data and documentation.
- Maritime reconnaissance capabilities to determine position, course and speed of vessels.
- Advanced programmable weapons such as the RB-15F anti-ship missile with multiple waypoints and the configurable BK-90 “Mjolnir” Cluster munitions dispenser.
- Detailed modelling of over 14 unique weapons and miscellaneous stores with multiple versions and delivery methods, ranging from rockets, bombs, to advanced air-to-ground missiles such as the command-guided RB-05A and the TV-guided RB-75 “Maverick” missiles.
- Comprehensive 400+ page flight manual.
- Extensive interactive & voiced training tutorials.
- Several campaigns and missions including:
Mini NTTR DACT campaign
Mini Caucasus introduction campaign.
Instant action and single player missions.
This is the product of several years of passion and dedication and we are happy to finally announce the aircraft. We hope you will have as fun learning and flying the aircraft as we have had recreating it.